Pages

Tuesday 8 August 2017

GIST: Steve Taylor don clear the air for dis exclusive interview with Ogbongeyarn.


Steve Taylor na Ogbonge Nigerian Filmmaker, Producer, Poet, Broadcaster and voice over artist. Na Steve Taylor do the voice over for WAP SUPER STORY, Na him get the voice wey yarn say "WE ARE NOTHING BUT PENCILS IN THE HANDS OF THE CREATOR.

Stevie Abiola Taylor, na the 'enfant terrible of the Nigerian movie industry' wey pipu perceived to be no nonsense filmmaker, producer, poet, broadcaster and voice over artiste, he dob finally yarn with Ogbongeyarn to clear the air on plenty misyarnings and misconstrued impression of his person.
Ogbongeyarn ask say why him dey different from other Artist and how He dey cope with some critics dem for the industry.. See wetin he yarn and how he yarn am for dis exclusive interview.

He yarn say: "I am an artiste and not a businessman. Most Nigerian producers today are businessmen, save for a few. The muse is not a wave but a frequency; a flow of esoteric current. You do not expect to treat an artiste like a businessman and vice versa.
So when I refuse to be treated like a sycophant, I am tagged a bully.
But come to think of it, every artiste is meant to be a professional, a practitioner. But you see them going to beg for jobs, seeking spiritual help and drugs to excel. And in that wise, they tend to belittle the real talented folks that exhibit raw unbridled talent.
Little wonder you get to see idiot clients (most of whom I have taught a great and bitter lesson and now spewing rubbish) taking advantage of Nigerian artistes, when these hungry set of Nigerian artistes have cheapened themselves and made some us look like their ilk.
I keep saying it that 'I am my self's greatest fan, I love and enjoy my voice and videos more than anyone else'.
They say Stevie Abiola Taylor is mean, yes I am! I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and it is common knowledge. I reject jobs from willing 'untalented' artistes even when they are willing to pay. I do not attach any sentiments to my jobs. And I detest being taken for granted like a lot others have learnt to indulge stupid people. I hire and fire on impulse based on creativity. So I am not surprised I have a lot of foes in the fold. But the end they say justifies the means'.
Most of these guys do not know I am actually setting a pace for them, showing them how real artistes should be treated. I won't allow anyone treat me as trash, and that's the mark I have made for myself.
When I am done with the exploiters the hungry artistes run to them and malign me, destroying the pace I already set. Making all artistes look like beggars to these taskmasters.

You fit follow Steve Taylor ontop
Instagram @Stevieataylor
Facebook na @Stevie Abiola Taylor
Twitter  @Stevietelo

Ogbongeyarn say thank you for your time Sir.
Na Mr Steve Abiola Taylor connect Mc ONETOUCH to Crown 101.5 FM where Ogbongeyarn dey air for radio as Ogbongeyarn on Radio with Mc ONETOUCH every Thursday from 3:05-4:00pm.

No comments: