Pages

Thursday 17 August 2017

NEWS: OAU is not on strike - VC yarn say 'we are not joining ASUU strike'.


Eyitope Ogunbodede , the Vice Chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife say lecturers of the university no go join for the indefinite strike wey the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, declare on August 14.

According to the vice-chancellor, the lecturers of the university no get any interest for the strike and dem go continue with dem academic activities. “OAU is not on strike. As at today, no lecturer has told me that they want to go on strike. We are not participating in any national strike. If they tell me they want to go on strike, then it is a different case, As such, I must have seen that all of my academic staff want to go on strike. In OAU, we have ‘unions’; neither of the two has told me they want to go on strike so we are not joining any strike at all” Mr. Ogunbodede yarn so.

No comments: